01-19-2014 Race Preparation Begins
- Category: Quantum Two
- Published: Thursday, 04 June 2015 13:24
- Hits: 1530
I finally got the garage (mostly) cleared out and started working on the race preparation of the Quantum 2. It has been a long time coming but if I want to have it ready for shakedown at the first VSCCA event of the year in Pocono (April 12th & 13th), I have to get cracking.
Pocono is a good place for the car to go for a its first vintage racing event.
- It is as affordable as our events get, both for the event itself and for the local hotels.
- Spectators can see the entire course from a single viewing point (good for crew to know what is going on).
- Temperatures are generally mild or downright chilly, so if there are faults in the cooling system we can sneak up on them.
- The course is undemanding or downright boring, so if the car is not 100% there's plenty of time to think about it.
- It is close to home, so the long tow back is less long if things go poorly.